Contact: Jill Notini
AHAM HONORS TOP HOME APPLIANCE INDUSTRY LEADERS
WASHINGTON, DC (May 1, 2018) — The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers honored home appliance industry professionals who have made exceptional contributions to the industry during AHAM’s 2018 Annual Member Meeting, Expectations, on April 20 outside of Phoenix, Ariz.
The Home Appliance Industry Leadership Award was created in 1994 and recognizes exceptional service over the past twelve months or in recent years. The award is reserved for AHAM members only and is the premier achievement bestowed by AHAM upon a member. The 2018 award was presented to Manfred Staebler, Vice President, Government Affairs, for BSH Home Appliances Corporation and D. Jeffrey Noel, Corporate Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs, Whirlpool Corporation.
• Manfred Staebler received a Home Appliance Industry Leadership Award for more than 20 years of service to AHAM’s Major Appliance Division. He is a past chair of the division and has been involved in almost all product performance, safety, sustainability and energy standards. Staebler is also a member of the AHAM Board of Directors.
• D. Jeffrey Noel was recognized for longtime service in numerous AHAM positions, including two years as AHAM Chair. He has been active in AHAM’s Branding Committee, Sustainability Task Force, Safety Steering Committee, Connectivity Strategy Working Group, and was a champion of the Filter It Out campaign to raise awareness of the risks of counterfeit water filters. Noel has served on the AHAM Board of Directors since 2005.
AHAM’s Liston Durden Gordon Stauffer Distinguished Service Award recognizes significant contributions, by virtue of longevity and quality of service, to the Association and home appliance industry. This year, four individuals were nominated to receive the award.
• Steve Ver Strat, Regulatory Policy Director for Amway, received the Liston Durden Gordon Stauffer Distinguished Service Award for his involvement in numerous AHAM committees and dedication to service in AHAM’s Portable Appliance Division over the past seven years. Ver Strat chaired the division for two years and served the industry as a member of AHAM’s Board of Directors.
• John McAlister, Director, Government Relations, Electrolux North America, received the Liston Durden Gordon Stauffer Distinguished Service Award for his strong and consistent leadership and participation in AHAM’s Major Appliance Government Relations Council. He has played a key role in finding consensus on appliance standards and other critical policy issues. He also will serve as chair of the Major Appliance Government Relations Council for the next two years.
• Gordon Tosh, Technical Adviser, Refrigeration, Liebherr-Canada, Ltd., received the Liston Durden Gordon Stauffer Distinguished Service Award for his nearly two decades of service to AHAM. Tosh is a major contributor of both policy and technical expertise to AHAM committees. He has been an active participant in both the AHAM Canada Council and other government relations and engineering councils.
• Greg Neumann, Global Forced Failure Lead, Whirlpool Corporation, was recognized in March 2018, during AHAM’s “Tech Week,” with a Liston Durden Gordon Stauffer Distinguished Service Award for significant contributions to the advancement of product safety. Neumann was a key member of the Major and Portable Appliance Special Engineering Task Forces.
AHAM also presented its Emerging Leader Award to four members in recognition of their service and continued industry leadership. The award recipients are:
• Phil Barber, Platform Leader, Wall Ovens, GE Appliances, a Haier company
• Christopher Jessup, Corporate Quality Engineering & Compliance Manager, Sub-Zero Group, Inc.
• Tom Siwek, Vice President, Global Safety & Compliance, SharkNinja Operating, LLC
• Shelly Warms, Microwave & Electronic Safety Program Manager, GE Appliances, a Haier company
# # #
The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) is a not-for-profit trade association representing manufacturers of major and portable home appliances, floor care appliances and suppliers to the industry with headquarters in Washington, DC and an office in Ottawa, ON. Visit AHAM’s website at www.aham.org.