Formal Interpretations to AHAM Standards
Following the publication of an AHAM Technical Standard, any interested person may file a written request for a formal interpretation of the standard. Such a request should be submitted to the AHAM President and should contain the following information:
- The name and contact information of the requester
- The correct standard reference, including applicable clauses
- The specific interpretation request
- The reason for the request
- The requester's recommended actions and reasons therefore
The process that is used to develop a formal interpretation is described in detail in AHAM's Policy and Procedures for Governing Technical Standards, Section 10. Formal interpretations responses are normally issued within 45 to 60 business days from receipt of the inquiry.
Formal AHAM interpretations are available to the public. To view the interpretations that have been issued for current AHAM standards, see the table below.