The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers is the sole trade association representing home appliance manufacturers covering the categories of major appliances, portable appliances, floor care products and suppliers to the industry.
What do current AHAM Supplier members have to say?
AHAM has four operating divisions: The Supplier Division represents manufacturers of components, materials and services that are used by the OEM manufacturers within the Portable, Floor Care and Major Appliance Divisions. The Floor Care Division represents manufacturers of electrical floor care appliances, such as vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers, carpet shampoo and extractors and central vacuum cleaners. The Portable Appliance Division represents manufacturers of appliances, such as kitchen electrics, beverage, home comfort (room air cleaners, humidifiers, heaters and fans), and personal care appliances. The Major Appliance Division represents those manufacturers of large home appliances, such as refrigerators and freezers, laundry, home comfort, cooking, and kitchen clean up appliances such as dishwashers, disposers, and compactors and several other categories.
• The Supplier Division Board of Directors: Every company is represented and meets once per year in person, in conjunction with AHAM’s annual member meeting. Suppliers may sit in on Major, Portable and Floor Care Division Board of Directors meetings, gaining valuable intelligence on top industry issues.
• Industry Data & Trends: AHAM’s Shipment Trends presentation provides viewers with an annual snapshot of the appliance industry through AHAM’s robust shipment data program, including annual industry trends and forecasts. The presentation also delves into product specific features, depicting what is trending in the market today. Recognized as being the credible source for appliance industry data, this presentation highlights insights from the AHAM Data Program. This presentation is included with your membership dues.
• Discounts on Industry Data Reports: Supplier members receive a deeply discounted rate on the Major Appliance Factory Shipment Report (FSR), historical data and more!
• Opportunities to Influence Industry Standards: AHAM is the authority on home electrical appliances, authoring and maintaining performance-testing standards for most home appliances. Membership provides companies a seat at the table where these standards written and revised. Supplier expertise is often required as manufacturer make decision about the future of product design or regulations.
Direct Access to Home Appliance Manufacturers:
• AHAM Annual Member Meeting: April 16th-18th at the Ritz Carlton, New Orleans. This is AHAM’s biggest meeting of the year and offers outstanding opportunities for industry-specific professional development and networking during meeting, meal events and networking receptions and breaks.
• Supplier Lunch & Learn Webinar Series: This webinar series offers Manufacturer Members the opportunity to connect directly with Supplier Division members. Each 45-minute Lunch & Learn webinar session features four 10-minute educational presentations by Supplier Division members. There are usually 4-5 webinars in this series during the course of the year grouped by topic.
• OEM Networking Reception: This event is held during AHAM’s Fall Council Days, a series of engineering & policy meetings. This networking reception provides Supplier members exposure to many of the technical staff from our Major, Floor Care and Portable Appliance Division member companies. This is the appliance industry’s premier networking event.
“Being an active member of AHAM is one of the best ways a supplier can stay connected and develop new relationships within the appliance industry. AHAM facilitates a healthy relationship between internal and external appliance stakeholders, enabling us to work towards shared goals. Having access to the latest data, trends, and most critical issues that manufacturers care about are just a few examples of how Eastman has benefited from our membership. Whether you are brand new to the industry or a seasoned veteran, I can highly recommend joining AHAM.”
Anders Ludvigsen, Market Development Manager, Eastman
“In times when timely and accurate information was of critical importance, AHAM stepped up and provided meaningful perspectives of the appliance business dynamics, and loyal to its principles, put a comprehensive and data-driven outlook of the reality in this industry. AHAM is not a simple cluster of companies, but a solid and vivid association that deliberately copes with the challenges of the current business dynamics characterized by uncertainty and complexity and provides inspiration through reliable information about forecasts and trends in the appliance industries, an industry committed to the safety and happiness of humanity!”
Ivan Rodriguez, EVP Americas Asia Appliance, Robertshaw
“AHAM membership has been a fantastic way to build connections across the industry. More importantly, it’s given Owens Corning an opportunity to align and advocate for issues important to our company to help make homes safer, comfortable, and convenient. Engaging with AHAM has been a positive experience that I would highly recommend to other suppliers that want to grow in the industry.”
Clyde Calhoun, Strategic Marketing Leader, Owens Corning Appliance